Dear Friends and Colleagues,
ZIRPP is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant in its office in Zanzibar to take responsibility for providing administrative support to the Interim Executive Director and the Interim Financial Manager, as well as other duties that may be assigned to her. Interested candidates should kindly send their CVs, cover letter and names of at least three
referees to: email@example.com .
Deadline date for applications is 30th November 2009.
This is a full time position. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Under the general guidance of the Interim Executive Director, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive and screen incoming mail and ensure proper distribution to various offices/persons concerned
- Maintain a log of all in-coming and outgoing correspondence and ensure necessary follow-up;
- Type correspondence, documents and reports;
- Draft routine correspondence for supervisor’s signature;
- Take and prepare written minutes of meetings;
- Place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion;
- Receive visitors;
- Schedule appointments, meetings etc. and,
- Mintain the calendar of the Interim Executive Director and the Interim Financial Manager;
- Maintain office policy, confidential case files and general files;
- Keep Time and Attendance records of the staff in the Office;
- Perform other duties as required
- Professionalism – Very good secretarial skills; sound judgment and discretion;
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to prioritize and organize work under pressure;
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective and harmonious working relations in a Zanzibari society;
- Communications – Very good communication (spoken and written) skills and ability to draft correspondence and reports in a clear, concise style.
Secondary/high school diploma; formal training in secretarial skills.
3 to 5 years of relevant working experience.
The official languages of ZIRPP are English and Kiswahili. For this position, fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of Kiswahili would be an asset.
Fully conversant with computer software, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet/Intranet etc.
Interim Executive Director
Zanzibar Institute for Research and Public Policy
P.O. Box 416
Tel: 0777 707820 Cellular
Tel: 0242 233526 Office