19 August 2009
Long-term consulting assignment
24 September 2009
CNFA Inc., a global, US based; agribusiness development agency is implementing an Agrodealer Strengthening Program in Tanzania through its affiliate the Tanzania Agricultural Market Development Trust (TAGMARK) and seeks a Country Director to be based in Arusha. The incumbent will manage and provide overall strategic leadership towards successful implementation of the current program and create a foundation for new opportunities for growth. The person will report to the Regional Director and regular travel throughout the country is required.
• Provide leadership in managing and coordinating all project activities in accordance with donor requirements.
• Review reports and field updates to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives and advise on any needed operational adjustments.
• Ensure timely implementation of program activities and coordinate the submission of Country Programs reports.
• Supervise all the staff, set time frames and guidelines, initiate and lead the process of preparing and writing annual work plans as required by the donor and CNFA HQ for periodic and annual review.
• Manage the overall program budget, recruit and supervise staff and conduct regular staff appraisals.
• Develop a Performance Management Plan (PMP) and provide monthly M&E matrices and narrative update reports.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the field staff, donor, local and international development partners and CNFA HQ.
• Identify opportunities for program growth and work with CNFA HQ on program development.
• A Masters’ degree (or higher) in business administration, rural development, agribusiness or agriculture or other relevant field.
• At least 10 years implementation experience in program management and rural development for a large international development agency. Prior experience working for donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Proven ability to interact and negotiate effectively with donor agencies and local and international development partners.
• Ability to manage complex development programs, monitor and manage program budgets with excellent organizational, analytical, oral and reporting skills.
• Strong communication, leadership and supervisory skills with proven ability in team building and management staff from diverse cultures.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask among several partners and sub-grantees with proven ability to solve problems creatively and ensure donor compliance from partners, sub-grantees and prime recipients.
Qualifying candidates should submit their applications comprised of a detailed CV, a cover letter explaining suitability and availability for the position, 3 references and contact telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than September 11, 2009. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.